As I finish my goals for this year, I wanted to share some focus areas that should allow teachers to have success. I settled on these after conversations with other school leaders, reviewing my goals from last year and reflecting on my experiences from last year and this summer.
- Teach to the standards that are now aligned to the common core and other national standards
- Continue to develop, improve upon, and use common assessments to improve student learning
- Share your practice with others
- Be professional, show up on time, and be physically and emotionally present for meetings and collaboration
- Try to get better everyday
- Remember that it is okay to make mistakes and try new things
It is part of my job to help and support teachers.
I am here to be present and to provide you with the clarity, structure, resources, and ongoing support essential to your success.